Food Vendor Insurance

November 2009

As an independent food vendor at craft shows and festivals, you probably already know a lot of the ins and outs of selling food to hundreds or thousands of people in a day. You know how to order your stock, to create your product, to set up your booth, to collect money, and to balance your books. However, not knowing the right information about your insurance could ruin your entire business with a single bout of food sickness, even if it isn’t strictly your fault.

Just like anyone else, you need health insurance to cover yourself and your family. You can buy individual health insurance plans quite easily now, though they can be rather expensive. Just be sure to look over the plan thoroughly to be sure that you aren’t paying for services that you don’t need. Do, however, be sure that you will be covered in the event of a major medical emergency.

As a vendor, one of the most important forms of insurance you’ll need is liability insurance. You may think that you’re too safe in your food handling procedures to need this type of insurance, but there are really a thousand things that could go wrong. What happens if a customer gets cut on a loose screw on your booth? What happens if one of your employees trips or burns herself with hot oil? What happens if one of your vendors sells you a bad product and you have to deal with the liability fall-out?

Now you probably have another fifty scenarios running through your mind. Liability insurance, though, can set you at ease. It will ensure that after you take all the necessary precautions you don’t get sued for all you own when the worst happens. Just be sure that you have plenty of liability insurance to cover lawyer and settlement costs, and you’ll be fine.

Lastly, you certainly need property insurance. Even if you have only one food booth, you’ve still got quite a bit of money invested in it, and to see that money go down the drain when something bad happens would be terrible. You can get a separate business property insurance policy through just about any insurance agency, or you can possibly save money by buying it through the same company who insures your home.

Oftentimes a business insurance policy will roll two or three of these types of insurance into one, and this could be a good way to go. Just be sure that you know exactly what you’re getting before you sign on the dotted line.



I’m looking for an insurance quote for a mobile food vending truck. I would need $1,000,000.00 covereage. My husband has a food vending truck that has a flat top grill, a fryer, fridge, coffee pot and stuff like that in it. We’re looking to vend at a flea market here in CT and they require you to have $1,000,000.00 insurance policy that covers you, and has to include their name and location in the policy. Please let me know what other information you need to give me a quote.

Thank you,

Michelle Rakha

By Michelle Rakha on April 11, 2010

I am also looking to buy insurance for an eveent. can you tell me where to go to get a quote for 1,000,000 covering me as well as event name and location

By dina privett on May 14, 2010

I need a quote for 1,000,000 liability policy to provide food at a festival.
Also, please give me three (3) referals.

By Louise on May 24, 2010

Please give me a quote for 1,000,000 in liability insurance and (3) referals in Atlanta ga. A quick response is appreciated.

Thank you.


By Louise on June 3, 2010

We can help you with your general liability insurance requirements, please visit our website at
Receive an instant quote and purchase your insurance in about three minutes; please allow 24 hours/one business day to receive your certification of insurance.
Thank you

By on June 11, 2010

Please send a quote for 1,000,000.00 thank you

By Joe on June 11, 2010

please send me a qoute for a million dollar liability insurance for my ice cream cart ASAP , thanks
Audrey Jacobsen
Ukiah, CA 95482

By audrey jacobsen on June 29, 2010

To whom it may concern,
I am looking to get food vender insurance but…do not know how much I need. Please e-mail me a phone # so I can get more info and ask a few questions.

Thank-you for your time

By Cindy Britton on October 27, 2010

Hello Vendors!

We provide vendor liability insurance and business personal property insurance.

For a single vendor, the program vendor rate for 5 days or less is $50.  The coverage is for $1Mil occurrence/$1Mil aggregate.  We have higher limits available.

We also have a group vendor policies available starting at $35/vendor for a $1Mil occurrence/$1Mil aggregate policy.

For more information or a free brochure, please send me an email to: (JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).


By Caitlyn on November 15, 2010

For more information on our Vendor Insurance and Property Insurance, please call (877) 811-2271 and ask for Caitlyn.

By Caitlyn on November 15, 2010


By Plunild on December 15, 2010

I am looking for a 1 mil. Food Vendor liability Ins. policy, preferably for 12 months. Venues are in the States of WA & OR
Thank you.

By Heinz Schirmaier on December 20, 2010

Hi Heinz,
I can help you with an annual food vendor liability policy.  Can you tell me the type of food you’ll be selling?  Also, will you be selling through a food truck or booths?  I can help you out if you are selling through a booth, however, we cannot insure food truck vendors.  Call me to discuss some options, (877) 811-2271.


By Caitlyn on December 21, 2010

I just started a business selling antlers for dog chews.  I will be selling them on-line, at dog shows and in retail stores throughout the country.  Do I need insurance, how much an what kind?  Thank you.

By Ellen Clark on January 3, 2011

Michelle, Dina, Louise, Joe, Cindy, and Ellen,

We sell $1MM/$2MM liability policies for vendors attending festivals, shows, special events, etc. for $105.25 that last 30 days.  Certificates are emailed to you in about 5 minutes.

We are members here at: or you can find more information at our website

Give me a call if you need help!

Chris Terman
(877) 520-8363
(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

By on January 4, 2011

Need an annual quote for liability with $1MM/$2MM for events from 6 das to 11 days and the number of events which will be covered by annual premium.


By donalie on February 11, 2011

We are starting a kettle corn business, portable unit.  We do not have any events yet.  We would like 1 yr policy.  Can you please email with phone number for quote.

By Dawn Stouff on February 24, 2011

We have setup a customized program our Mobile Food Vendors around the country. Call 888-678-6384 or go to online to for a quote.

By Ron Ortega on March 14, 2011

Hi, I intend to operate a small market stall selling cooked food. There are 3 items on sale for a 2 days events. I require insurance certificate for the operation and I will appreciate if u could advice and forward a quote.

Thank You

By Somu Haridas on April 6, 2011

Hi, My name is Jeff Kleid, I have been President and owner of an insurance agency for almost 10 years.  My team and I have recently developed a full self serve online insurance webstore to assist yiu with your liability needs to meet city requirements.  Whether you are a vendor, concessionaire, or exhibitor or are hosting a fair or festival, you may get an online quote 24 hours a day at and if you need assistance we are available from 5:30 am pacific to 5 p.m. Pacific time to walk you through the quoting process.  In just 5 minutes you can quote, issue and bind coverage with a credit card and obtain an additional insured certificate for the venue or city at NO additional charge.  Thank you.  Jeff 800-596-0969 ext 105

By Jeff kleid on April 20, 2011




By PAT LEEDY on May 25, 2011

Hello amigos:need a quote for 1,000,000 liability policy to provide food at a festival.this will be 4 week only thursday’s on july 2011
Also, please give me three (3) referals.

By Luis barreto on July, 2011

By luis barreto on June 21, 2011

Hello. I am helping my niece with a fundraiser for her band program. I had suggested that we have a concert under the stars at a local city park and the band members sell tickets for dinner. So, I would like to purchase insurance for this event since I will be the person preparing the food. How much does insurance for something like this cost? Can you give me a quote for a 1 time even and an insurance quote for annual rates.?

Thank you,

By Christina on September 8, 2011

I have a small moblie barbeque stand and I need a policy for 10,000 dollars liability to get a permit from my city to sell my product. Can u give me some quotes and insurance companies in my area. My zip code is 71251.

By Roderick Bradford on September 19, 2011

We participate in festivals in the Central florida area.  We are looking for insurance coverage that will protest us in the event we are rained out, products ruined and tent destroyed.
what type of couverage is available.


By Stephanie on October 10, 2011

We are starting a home processing cupcake business.  We will be part of a local farmer’s market.  They are requesting we have a policy that lists them.  Can you please help us find a policy that fits this requirement.
Thank you,

By veronica on March 6, 2012

We are going to be operating a small snack bar in a park here in vemont for the summer. We need a 1MM coverage from May 1,2012 until Aug 31,2012. We only need liability insurance for the food product we are selling as the city is responsible for the property and the equipment. Our projected volume for the summer will be about $4,000 since we will only be opening it on a part-time basis. Can you let us know where to acquire the insurance and what the rates might be.

Thank You!
Sherry March 7,2012

By Sherry on March 7, 2012

I am looking for liability insurance for summer festivals.  All we sell is on-site fresh brewed iced-teas and we slice fresh fruit for the glass if someone wants it.  I don’t feel we are a huge liability factor, but some festivals required the insurance just to enroll.

By Paula Sutton on March 8, 2012

I am looking for insurance for my food vendor trailor.  we sell sweets, hot dogs and brats.  i am looking for 500,000 to1,000,000 dollars in insurance I will only need liability insurance

By Inez on March 27, 2012

If your looking for vendor insurance for a single event to an annual policy please check out instant quote, bind and issue.

You can have a certificate under 5 min.

Our coverage is for vendor booths including food vendors.

Premiums start at $35.00

Coverage in all 50 states
Addimited carrier in all 50 states

Limits start at $1,000,000
(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

By Michael Aberle on April 11, 2012

im doing a wedding for a 180 people the place where the wedding is being held requires a 1,000.000 policy how much does this cost ? Thank You.

By bob hines on May 4, 2012

looking for a food vendor liability insurance for a 3 day event can you give me a quote thanks. need 1000000

By j smith on September 4, 2012

I need a quote for my food vendor friends they need it for one day
Thank you

By Randi on January 15, 2013

I’m interested in purchasing a 1,000,000 permit for a food festival. Could you please tell me what I need to do?


By Beth on February 26, 2013

Hello I need a temporaty food Establishment Insurance for a 4th of Jully festival. Can you please give me a quote.

By Yesica Zamarripa on April 16, 2013

Hi, I need insurance for a festival to sell grilled corn. Can you give me a quote for insurance?

By Tina Lamale on April 25, 2014

I need a quote for vendor liability insurance or special event liability insurance. I want to throw a raw food banquet for the public.

By JUREA DAWSON on May 21, 2014

I need a quote for vendor liability insurance or special event liability insurance for a one day raw food banquet open to the public. I would like to accommodate 100-150 people in the state of Massachusetts

By JUREA DAWSON on May 21, 2014

I need food concessions coverage, please

By Elaine Davis on September 2, 2015

I am interested in purchasing food vending license/temporary for 1 day event. Pls confirm quote on pricing. I will participating in the 5 dollar food festival held on Sept 10th, I need to purchase ins very soon. Pls help, looking for low price.

By Taeng Bunla on September 1, 2016

I need temporary coverage for a 2 day festival that I am a food vendor for. How much is coverage? The event is in Utah this Friday & Saturday.

By Jennie on October 18, 2016

I need insurance to operate a kettle corn business for a 4 day event, what would it cost?I’m looking to sale in North Carolina and va, thanks for your help, one fair event I called want 5 million liability,

By ronnIe nester on January 30, 2017

Looking for vendors insurance I’ sale Italian ice and smoothies. Looking for $1 million policy

By Ruth on February 3, 2017

Good Morning - I need insurance for fruit and vegetables at a farmers market—-for 4 months.    June through October 2017   phone # 609 558 6961

respectfully yours

By judy boisselle on May 10, 2017

I am baking desserts out of my home and eventually will be doing craft shows
I was told I needed insurance. Can you please give me a quote.

By Mona Dobrin on May 23, 2017

Sell prepackaged summer sausages. We give samples. Need $1,000,000 coverage. Price per year?

By Rita Meyer on May 31, 2017

I sell Italian Ice from a cart, I need 500,000 liability insurance.
Italian Ice is water sugar, flavored syrup. Please give me a quote

By sandra Hodges on June 1, 2017

I am going to be selling hot dogs, nachos and cheese and hot cocoa at a 3 day event. Could you give me a quote for this.

By Charyl on September 18, 2017

2 day festival, Selling vegetarian food.

By Yawah Awolowo on September 25, 2017

Need 1 million dollar Insurance for state certified Home based products

By Wendy Barela on October 30, 2017

I am looking to purchase vendor insurance for $35.00 with Certificate of Insurance in a amount of one million dollars naming the San Diego Scottish Highland Games Inc as additionally insured.  2 day event in June this year 2018.

Can you help me with this? Please respond.

By Kathleen Sweeney on April 8, 2018

I am looking for food vendor insurance for a three day event in Ohio in July. Ashland county. Can you help?

By Martina on April 24, 2018

anyone in need of commercial/personal insurance in NY State, contact me 917-913-7547

By lnhman1106 on April 27, 2018

A family friend is baking a cake for my granddaughters wedding however the venue requires her to be insured since their insurance would not cover “outside” food in case someone gets sick from eating it.  It sounds as if they would consider her as a single vendor.

Can you provide coverage for this one-day event coverage and for how much?
Thank you!

By Mary on July 27, 2018

Food trailer Liability insurance

By Jacob Eichelberger on November 5, 2018

Leave a comment



Please enter the word you see in the image below:


find festivals
within miles
      Advanced Search


Sign up for complimentary newsletter and event listings.

join our community now
sign up now

If already a member Click here to Login